Working Group on Security and Defense
Call for Members
If you have a passion for analysis and that the field of Security and Defense in Europe is of greatest interest to you, then you should apply for a position within the new EST Working Group on Security and Defense in Europe!
As a member of a research team, you will be asked to provide at least two writing pieces every year and participate in the elaboration of a final report, the Common Project, which is to be addressed to European institutions or entities. You will be able to reflect on the following issues – but not exclusively:
- the concept of European defense community;
- the main issues regarding the adoption of a common security and defense policy;
- the main threats the EU and its members are facing or could be facing in the future;
- the role of the NATO;
- the place of security in diplomatic discussions and negotiations.
This call addresses young professionals or graduate students preferably in the final year of their studies. There is no restriction regarding your academic background or your geographical situation. An annual in-person meeting will be organised, which the participants are welcome to take part in. Plus, you will be engaged for a period of one year from January 2018 to December 2018 included.
In order to apply, please send:
- a one-page CV, mentioning all relevant activities linked to research;
- a cover letter;
- a one-page essay explaining your fields of interest and what you would like to work on when being part of the Working group.
Deadline for applications is December 10th 2017. Don’t miss the chance!