Applications for the Working Group on Gender Equality
Call for Applications is now OPENED!
Deadline: 30 September, 2019
The European Student Think Tank, a pan-European youth organization, is currently seeking to recruit new team members to form the Working Group on Gender Equality:
What’s The Prospect?
As a think tank for youth, by youth, the European Student Think Tank (EST) occupies a unique position: It informs its young audience about European affairs and represents the youth at the European Union level. The Working Group, is in close contact with the European Institutions and is expected to hold a workshop at the European Youth Event 2020 in the EP in Strasbourg.
What’s My Role?
As a member of the Working Group on Gender Equality in 2019/20, your main task will be to conduct research on your selected subtopic of gender equality as well as to produce short papers. This platform will allow you to hold student workshops, participate in debates and interact with policy-makers. In particular, attending the European Youth Event in May 2020 to support the EST’s planned workshops will offer you a unique way to make an impact and is key to your contribution. Becoming part of the EST Working Group on Gender Equality also means entering a wide-ranging network of engaged students, as well as the acquisition of key professional skills in academic writing and analysis and project management. As a student-run group, we coordinate online and put great emphasis on granting volunteers space for their primary responsibilities at university and work. You should expect to commit an average of 2-3 hours per week to this extra-curricular project, which will adapt to your own schedule and the specific phase of the project.
What’s EST Looking For?
To best support our Working Group and benefit most from the experience yourself, you should:
- be enrolled in a degree in social sciences or humanities (Bachelor, Master or PhD level);
- have a strong interest in research and policy, with a particular emphasis on the European Union;
- ideally contribute with some practical insights in the area of gender equality;
- bring the motivation and time to stay committed for the full project cycle (10/2019 to 09/2020).
- availability for the European Youth Event 2020 on 29-30 May 2020 in the European Parliament in Strasbourg.
If we have sparked your interest and you’d be a good fit, please apply by 30 September 2019 by sending:
- your CV;
- a Cover Letter of max. 800 words, outlining your relevant experiences, skills, and interests.
Please send your applications to email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application!